Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning one of the new standards in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations, and signal to employers your advanced professional development.
Ensure you're prepared with our course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success. This intensive program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. You will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the certification exam.
Benefits for Employees
- Learn from a certified instructor who provides expertise, insights, and one-on-one guidance.
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with a diverse group of HR professionals.
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support.
- Take advantage of funding options, such as corporate tuition reimbursement.
- Earn up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Benefits for Employers
- Demonstrate that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the new global SHRM BoCK™.
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management. Course fee includes all course materials, but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP examinations.
As part of your course, you will receive the 2020 SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. The materials will be mailed to you before the course begins at no additional charge.* The Learning System delivers the most comprehensive, flexible and effective SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exam preparation. Designed using a proven approach for teaching adult learners, this system helps you understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR Knowledge. Online learning modules, based on the SHRM BoCK, and interactive study tools, testing your knowledge and decision making skills, are incorporated into the study process. There is no better way to successfully prepare for the SHRM certification exams.
As an official SHRM Education Partner, we are able to build our course on the SHRM learning System, giving you access to the most effective and up-to-date exam preparation tools available.
- Effective and proven. Candidates who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the average exam pass rate.
- One source for knowledge and application. All the study tools you need to learn, reinforce and test your knowledge.
- Most current and relevant. The SHRM Learning System has been updated to align with the 2020 SHRM BoCK.
- Convenient 24/7 line access to your study tools from any mobile device, tablet, or computer.
Comprehensive Learning Modules
The 2020 SHRM Learning System provides an in-depth exploration of the knowledge domains and behavioral competences tested on the SHRM exams. The module content is embedded online, available in downloadable e-reader format, and in print.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- U.S. Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
Online Resources Whatever your learning style, you’ll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence with online study tools.
Assess your current knowledge:
- Complete an online assessment to determine current knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
- Create a personal SmartStudy plan to identify learning priorities, estimate study time and create a roadmap to success.
Study your way to success:
- Read learning modules based upon the SHRM BoCK online or offline with two flexible options. When you are online, navigate quickly and easily from reading a module to completing questions and other activities. For offline access, download the e-reader files to your device.
- Review Quickstart videos to provide an overview of the foundational elements for each of the HR behavioral competencies.
- Study Flashcards in online or printed format to reinforce your memory of key terms and concepts.
Apply what you have learned:
- Utilize over 1,500 practice questions to assess your competencies and test your knowledge and understanding.
- Engage in six “competencies in action” activities that put you in the role of an HR professional who is faced with unique challenges. Analyze the situation, consider the background information, complete the activities and make your decision!
Pass your exam with confidence:
- Complete a post-test which mimics the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam format and weighting to build exam day confidence.
- Review test-taking tips and download the SHRM Certification Handbook.
Prove your HR knowledge is current and relevant.
Demonstrate your ability to put your knowledge into action on the job.
Expand your scope within the HR field to bring new ideas to your organization.
This certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase knowledge and skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
- Advance their career
Certificate Completion Requirements
To receive a Certificate of Completion from George Mason University and SHRM for these courses, participants must complete any assessment, module, and post exams specified by the instructor before the assigned deadline.
Additionally, to maintain the high quality of Mason standards, students must adhere to the following attendance policies:
- 12-Week Classes: Students may not have more than three absences.
- 7-Week Classes: Students may not have more than one absence.
- Online Classes: Students must complete all online assignments.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Exam Eligibility Requirements
SHRM recognizes diversity in the HR profession. Regardless of your job title, geographic location, industry or organization size, if you perform HR duties, you have the opportunity to become certified.
To be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exams, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application. For details on these requirements, visit shrmcertification.org/eligibility.