Course participants will learn regulatory requirements and expectations related to cost and price analysis. Additionally, participants will learn how and when to conduct, document, and report price analyses, cost analyses, and technical analyses. Participants will also learn how to document source selection, including justification for single/sole source acquisitions and related negotiations. This course consists of practical techniques for analyzing the reasonableness of proposed pricing and costs, as well as documenting the results of the analysis.
This course may also be eligible for the following credits through The Public Contracting Institute:
- 13 CLEs
- 16 CLPs
This course is eligible for 16.00 CPEs
George Mason University Executive and Professional Education (formerly George Mason University Learning Solutions) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417.
- Identify cost and price analysis requirements and techniques for U.S. Government contracts and subcontracts.
- Understand regulatory requirements and expectations related to price and cost analysis.
- Know when to perform and document price analysis.
- Know when to perform and document cost analysis.
- Know when to perform and incorporate technical analysis.
- Learn to document source selection including justification for single/sole source acquisition.
Requirements100% attendance and participation are expected from participants.
Designed ForThis course is designed for early to mid-career government contractors seeking to enhance their professional knowledge and skills. For seasoned contractors, this course also serves as a refresher on current industry best practices.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Government Contracts Accounting : Elective Courses